Note: Usage-based billing is no longer available for purchase. This documentation remains available to support existing customers.
You can see your usage for the current or any previous billing period at > View Usage Activity. Monitoring Point usage summary counts the number of Monitoring Points in use by type. Module Usage Summary counts the number of Monitoring Points that have used each add-on module or LAN/WAN pack. Usage-based organizations are billed monthly based on the number of Monitoring Points in the org and the modules that were used during the billing period. The billing period is a calendar month, and the billing scheme is as follows:
|Monitoring Point usage
- Assigning a usage-based license to a Monitoring Point activates usage-based billing for that Monitoring Point. Activation itself has an associated charge, and AppNeta begins monitoring for further billable usage. The activation charges are tallied in the 'activation' column on the Manage Licenses page.
- You are billed for every Monitoring Point in your organization, regardless of its operational status (e.g, or ).
|Module and path usage
- During the Monitoring Point-activation month, you may use any module and create an unlimited number of LAN/WAN paths without incurring a charge. On the Manage License page, the modules and LAN/WAN packs that will become billable are tallied in the 'activation-trial' column.
- After the Monitoring Point-activation month, you are billed for every module and LAN/WAN packs used during the billing period. For example, if 5 WAN paths are included in the base license, if at any time during the billing cycle you configure a 6th WAN path, usage is triggered. Modules and LAN/WAN packs used during the billing period are tallied in the 'usage' column on the Monitoring Points page.
- All paths regardless of status count towards usage.
|Add-on module usage
- You are billed for any add-on module used during the billing period. Remember that basic voice assessments are included in the base license, so they will not trigger PathView Voice billing.
- The SNMP trap license is excluded from usage-based billing.