- Service status
- APM upgrades
- APM-Private Cloud upgrades
- Global Monitoring Point upgrades
- Enterprise Monitoring Point upgrades
- Supported browsers
- End of support
- Data retention and roll-up
- Supported OSes
- Authentication methods
The most up-to-date service status information is at status.appneta.com. While there, you can also subscribe to receive incident reports and alerts on service interruptions related to AppNeta Performance Manager (APM) and Global Monitoring Point upgrades. We encourage you to subscribe so that you receive a reminder prior to any service window.
APM is upgraded on a bi-weekly basis and the upgrade generally requires a service interruption. The upgrade is rolled out over the course of several nights beginning on the date specified in the latest release notes.
Check status.appneta.com to find out when your service instance will be upgraded. You can discover the name of your service instance by logging in to APM and examining your browser address bar.
There are a few caveats you should be aware of:
- During the service window you might not be able to log in.
- Advanced voice assessments and voice/video tests that are either scheduled to start or are running during this window will need to be restarted.
- Report schedules will be paused during this window, so any reports scheduled to run at this time will be missed.
APM-Private Cloud upgrades
APM-Private Cloud software should be upgraded periodically to take advantage of new features (described in the latest release notes). Upgrading usually require a service interruption. Contact Customer Care if you wish to upgrade your APM-Private Cloud software.
Global Monitoring Point upgrades
Global Monitoring Points are upgraded periodically and the upgrade usually requires a service interruption. Upgrade dates and times are posted on status.appneta.com.
Enterprise Monitoring Point upgrades
- Internet Explorer 10 and newer.
- Not supported.
- Chrome & Firefox
- Broader version support is available as the application is generally not sensitive to browser updates.
If you run into a display issue:
- Check that you’re running a supported browser.
- Try upgrading to the latest version if permitted.
- Open a support ticket.
End of support
Customers receive support for the duration of their contract. AppNeta delivers new software on a continuous basis, and monitoring points have an auto-update setting, which is toggled on by default.
If you experience an issue, and are not running the latest version, our Customer Care team will first ask you to upgrade, and then proceed with investigation from there. The net effect is that as a SaaS company, we offer full support for the latest version of our software, rather than specific historic versions.
Data retention and roll-up
- Monitoring points
- Monitoring points that have been in a connection lost state for 365 days and do not have an active base license will be purged.
- Continuous monitoring data is retained for 365 days.
- Manually triggered diagnostics are retained for 21 days. Automatically triggered diagnostics are retained for 365 days.
- Voice and video tests are retained for 365 days.
- Path route history are retained for 90 days.
- Continuous monitoring data is retained at 1 minute granularity for 21 days, after which it is subject to summarization.
- The events page only show events from the previous 7 days.
- Milestone performance details are retained for 45 days. Older workflow execution results are limited to higher-level information only. Drill-down on a single workflow execution is not available.
- Flow history is retained for 90 days with no limit on data size.
- Packet captures are retained for 365 days and there is no limit to the number of captures that may be stored.
There are a couple of spots in APM that are subject to specific OS support:
- User resolution
- Must be running Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- For guest OSes, see the specs page.
- Web proxy
- If the monitoring point connects to the Internet via a web proxy that requires authentication: only basic and digest authentication are supported. NTLM and Kerberos are not supported.
- Web tests
- If authentication is required for experience monitoring: basic authentication and NTLM v1/v2 are supported.