As of June 8, 2021 you’ll notice a number of visual and structural changes to the AppNeta Documentation portal that make it easier to use. Changes include:
- Redesigned landing page - The landing page has a prominent search box, tiles for each major documentation category, and links to commonly used pages, as well as to featured and new content.
- All your help resources in one place - Help buttons on the header and footer of each page provide quick access to a new help page that includes all support contact methods and links to the system status page, release notes, FAQs, and online course portals.
- New navigation flow - The site now uses a horizontal navigation bar at the top of each page that links to category pages with links to every article in that category. Benefits of this new navigation structure include:
- Easy to scan through all topics in a category without having to dig through nested menus.
- Quickly navigate to a section within a category page from the navbar.
- Improved Monitoring Point content organization - Monitoring Point content has been restructured. There is now one page per Monitoring Point model that contains all content related to that model. This results in a simplified experience with less back and forth between pages.
Changes to be aware of
- URL changes - Due to the new Monitoring Point content structure, some URLs are changing:
- Monitoring Point pages still exist at the old URLs but they now contain links to select the specific Monitoring Point model.
- Section heading URLs (ending in
.html#section-heading-name), where the heading no longer exists on the page, redirect to the top of the page. You can then select the Monitoring Point model to find the content you’re looking for.