This release is only for the Private Cloud Server and Virtual Private Cloud.
Upgrade Program: AppNeta will upgrade your legacy private cloud hardware free of charge until 31 December 2017. Once the upgrade program ends, you can still migrate, but normal purchase costs will apply for PCS1000 hardware. Contact the AppNeta Support team to schedule your upgrade.
- Private Cloud—Virtual Private Cloud and Private Cloud Server now support the AppNeta Performance Manager (APM) 10.16 functionality.
- Experience Alerting—Previously, Experience alerting was only available at the workflow level. Now, alerts can also be configured on individual web paths within a web app group. This is done by assigning alert profiles to each milestone and/or to the overall script for a given web path.
- Experience Configuration—We have updated the Web App Group interface so that while a web app group is being created or edited, no others can be either created or edited.
- Hide the Map—In previous releases, a world map was displayed whenever you entered the Web App Group configuration page. Now, if you hide the map it will remain hidden until you decide to show it again.
- Delivery Charts—We have updated the Delivery charts to display data points at a 5 minute granularity for monitoring intervals up to 12 hours. Previously, for intervals of 8 hours and longer, data points were displayed at a 15 minute granularity.
- API—In a previous release, we added the ability to mute/unmute alerts on a per web path basis. In this release, we provide that same ability within the API.
- Schedule Alert Re-enabling—It is now possible to re-enable alerts after a period of time. This is useful for planned outages. Alerts can be disabled while the outage occurs and then be automatically re-enabled when the outage is finished.
- Alert Profiles in API—API support has been extended to include alert profile management. GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE endpoints have been added for alert profiles in the v3 API.
- Embeddable UI—For customers that wish to consolidate the presentation of their monitoring tools, we now provide the ability to embed the APM user interface into third party web applications.
- New ways to create web path alert profiles—In addition to creating alert profiles in the Manage Alert Profiles page, you can now create them in the Experience module while editing web app group workflows and while editing alert profiles on a web path.
- Custom web path profiles can remain unchanged when the workflow changes—If a web path has custom alert profiles and the workflow for the path changes, you are now able to either reset the custom alert profiles to the default alert profiles or leave them unchanged.
- Comparison View - increased number of web paths compared—We have increased the number of web paths that can be compared on the Comparison Views screen from 10 to 20.
- Faster loading of Web App Groups and Web Paths pages—Groups are now collapsed when the Web App Groups and Web Paths pages first load. This results in faster load times and it makes it easier to find a web path by finding the group it belongs to first. Additional performance improvements will be available in upcoming releases.
- Network status at a glance—We have made significant improvements to the GeoMap to display your network status in a single view and to make it easy to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Configure dual-ended path for diagnostics using non-default interfaces—We have added the capability to explicitly configure the return path for diagnostics on dual-ended paths. This enables you to use non-default interfaces on the source and/or target for diagnostics testing. As part of this, we have also updated the Test Details page to indicate that diagnostics were run with custom settings (for example, an explicitly configured return path).
- Improved performance when loading web paths page—We have improved the performance of web path page load time by removing the small graphs that appeared for each web path.
- Improved performance when saving web app group configuration changes—We have improved the performance when saving changes to web app group configuration.
|AV-2561||Experience||We fixed an issue where the web path workflow script preview was failing with the message “Preview failed with an unknown error. Please try again.”|
|AV-2630||Experience||You are now able to assign an alert profile to a milestone in a web path workflow when using IE11.|
|AV-2661||Experience||We fixed an issue where the Web Path Detail Report (PDF) would fail to generate if there was an event on the web path within the timeline being reported on.|
|AV-2608||Experience||“Sort By: Apdex Score” within the Web Apps Group page now works as expected.|
|AV-2263||Experience||We fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, if an alert threshold on one milestone was violated, all other milestones on the web path would be stuck in an “evaluating” state.|
|AV-2595||Experience||We fixed an issue where a web path could have a poor Apdex score even though response times were good.|
|AV-2669||Experience||We fixed an issue where statuses on the timeline of the End User Experience and Milestone Breakdown charts were not updated as expected.|
|AV-2609||Experience||We fixed an issue where web paths were sorted differently on the main Web App Groups page than on the Web App Groups edit page.|
|CS-8279||Experience||We fixed an issue where copying a system-defined alert profile would not work as expected.|
|AV-2799||Experience||We fixed an issue where certain web paths would not appear on the Web App Groups page.|
|AV-2768||Experience||We fixed an issue where edits being made within “Monitor from…” were not properly reverted when the main Cancel button was pressed.|
|AV-2877||Experience||We fixed an issue where custom Apdex thresholds were not saved correctly under certain conditions.|
|AV-2819||Experience||We fixed an issue where the Apdex score was not being affected when a script timed out. This resulted in users not being alerted in some cases.|
|AV-2796||Experience||We fixed an issue where the Web Dashboard could display “No web paths enabled” when web paths were actually enabled.|
|AV-2882||Experience||We fixed an issue where Alert Condition violations for two different Milestones did not combine to create an Overall violation on a web path.|
|CS-8301||Experience||We fixed an issue where the violation and clear criteria for an alert profile were swapped between the Manage and New/Edit Alert Profile views. This was the case for both Network and Web alert profiles.|
|PV-3503||Delivery||We fixed an issue where, if two video tests with the same target were initiated, in some instances, the second one would fail to complete.|
|CS-7752||Delivery||If you are using rate-limited capacity monitoring, the charts specific to that metric now have the same look and feel as the rest of the charts on the network path detail page.|
|PV-3249||Delivery||We fixed an issue where a dual-ended test could fail when a hostname rather than an IP address was used as the target.|
|CS-8424||Delivery||We fixed an issue where Path Plus test results would be hidden when using Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers.|
|PV-3622||Delivery||We fixed an issue where duplicate event information could appear for a single network path.|
|FV-1418||Usage||We fixed an issue with the nxlog.conf file generated for configuring user resolution.|
|CS-8055||Usage||We improved the performance of configuring the Usage monitoring settings for a Monitoring Point.|
|AV-2590||API||We fixed an issue with the web service API endpoint:
|CS-7513||API||We fixed an issue with some API endpoints where data for a single metric was returned even though data for more than one metric was requested.|
|CS-8252||API||We fixed an issue where API calls to /v3/webApplication/ would return empty milestone information.|
|PV-3499||Charts||Capacity and Event charts on network paths with Rate Limited monitoring enabled can now be collapsed.|
|PV-3483||Reports||We fixed an issue where certain scheduled reports were not being sent as expected.|
|PV-3583||Reports||We fixed an issue where the Application Performance Reports showed a higher loss duration than the Path Details and Service Quality Summary reports.|
|CS-8006||Reports||We fixed an issue that caused the Daily Performance Report for single organization users not to generate.|
|CS-7859||User Account||User account email addresses of up to 256 characters are now accepted.|
Related Monitoring Point changes
There are also changes to Monitoring Points related to this release. These are documented in the following Monitoring Point release notes: