APM is coming!—The AppNeta service is undergoing a major rebranding. These changes will be rolled out next week beginning March 27th. In conjuction, our docs have undergone a major re-organization, and they reflect forthcoming APM changes including those related to urls, page names, and nomenclature.
AppNeta Performance Manager (APM) is upgraded on a bi-weekly basis and the upgrade generally requires a service interruption. The upgrade is rolled out over the course of several nights beginning on the date of these release notes. Check status.appneta.com to find out when your service instance will be upgraded. You can discover the name of your service instance by logging in to APM and examining your browser address bar. Remember that status.appneta.com always has the most up-to-date information regarding maintenance/upgrade events. We encourage you to subscribe so that you receive a reminder just prior to any service window.
There are caveats you need to be aware of:
- During the service window you might not be able to log in.
- The upgrade won’t produce any gaps in your experience or usage monitoring history. However there may be a small gap in experience monitoring history, typically less than 10 minutes, at the time your instance is upgraded.
- Advanced voice assessments and voice/video tests that are either scheduled to start or are running during this window will need to be restarted.
- Report schedules will be paused during this window, so any reports scheduled to run at this time will be missed.
‘Tis the season of Traceroute!
- Traceroute port customization—The path setup wizard now allows users to customize the tcp and udp traceroute ports when monitoring from m25, m35, v35, and r45 running 9.7.X.
- UDP traceroute—In Path Plus, udp traceroute may now be performed over a user-specified port when monitoring from m25, m35, v35, and r45 appliances running 9.7.x.
- Traceroute Re-design—The icmp traceroute visualization on the route analysis tab of the path performance page has been redesigned and no longer depends on flash.
|AV-1991||Scripting||Fixed: Updated the description of the ‘open’ action in AppView.|
|AV-1999||Scripting||Fixed: The AppView preview and debug actions now use the user-defined timeout value rather than a system-defined one.|
|AV-2064||Scripting||Fixed: Improved AppView script preview error messages.|
|AV-2051||AppView||Fixed: Contents of AppView Detailed Timeline page are now updated correctly when using the Previous/Next buttons to navigate between transaction results.|
|PV-3230||EULA||Fixed: Our end user license agreement (EULA) has been updated, and all users will be prompted to accept on login.|