The setup procedure is the same for both PCA 125 and PCA 250:
- Rack the appliance if desired.
- Plug the appliance into power. The PCA has redundant power supplies. If you plug in only one, the PCA sounds a constant tone until the other unit is plugged in. You can terminate the tone without plugging in the second unit by pushing the red button on the back of the appliance.
- Connect the appliance to your network using port eth4, which is pre-configured for DHCP. If you need additional connections or a static interface configuration, you can do this in the next step while you change the hostname.
- Use the LCD and controls to change the appliance hostname and interface settings if necessary.
- Adjust your firewall rules to allow inbound connections to and outbound connections from the PCA.
- Log in to APM by entering the PCA IP address or hostname into a web browser; the PCA displays its hostname and IP address on the LCD, and customer care emailed you your login credentials.
- (Optional) Configure tacacs+ authentication if desired.
- Specify the email server that the PCA should use to send event notices.
- Add user accounts so people can log in and use the AppNeta service.
- Enable the ssh tunnel through which Customer Care will push software updates. To do this go to > remote maintenance and click ‘enable tunnel’.
- Setup your AppNeta appliances.
Use the controls on the right of the LCD to change the appliance hostname and configure interfaces.
- Use the arrows to scroll through settings, menu options, or characters; hold down an arrow to scroll faster.
- Press enter to select a menu option or character.
- Press esc to cancel a menu selection, delete a character (hostname), or move left (addressing).
- The available characters for hostname are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and -.
Changing any existing settings will disrupt appliance network connectivity; configuring an unused interface does not disrupt network connectivity.
|DHCP-assigned interface settings||
|Static interface settings||
|PCA 125||PCA 250|
|Wired||6 x 1 GigE||6 x 1 GigE|
|Supply||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Max current||4-1.5 A||4-1.5 A|
|Max power||400 W||400 W|
|Width||438 mm||443 mm|
|Depth||292 mm||406 mm|
|Height||44 mm||44 mm|
|Weight||5.89 kg (13 lb)||7.35 kg (16.2 lb)|
|Operating temperature||5°C - 40°C (41°F - 104°F)|