Welcome to AppNeta Performance Manager (APM)! Whether you’re deploying for the first time, or you’re extending an existing deployment, this is your one, best place to learn what APM does, why it’s important to your business, and how to maximize the value you get from it.
- Make sure you can log in at login.appneta.com. If you don’t have your credentials, contact someone in your company that has organization admin level credentials.
- Check your privilege. Options that are above your privilege level are not visible to you, and this can be a source of confusion for new users.
Set up a monitoring point
To use APM, you need two things: an app to monitor, and somewhere to monitor from. That ‘somewhere’ is a device that we provide you, which we call a monitoring point. Install this device in your network. Some models have primary and alternate install methods, the primary is recommended.
|m22, m30, r40||USB||Direct connect|
|r400 @1G||USB||Direct connect|
|r400 @10G||USB||Direct connect|
|m25, m35, r45||USB||—|
|v35 on KVM||Install||—|
|v35 on VMware||Install||—|
- Add users
- If you’re an admin, add new users from > Manage Users.
- Email Notifications
- Be notified by email when APM detects an important change in application performance.
- Monitor the condition of the networks over which application data is transported.
- Use synthetic traffic generated by one or more geographically distributed monitoring points to assess end-user experience.
- Usage monitoring
- Identify the apps that are in use on your network and how much data is being generated by each.