- How do I log into APM?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I determine what my user role is?
- How do I determine what my user privileges are?
- How do I know what features are available on my monitoring point?
- How do I install a monitoring point?
- How do I know which firewall ports I need to open for AppNeta monitoring points to operate?
- How do I know what the ports on my monitoring point are for?
- How do I log in to a monitoring point?
- What are the default credentials on a monitoring point?
- How do I determine the IP address of a monitoring point (from the monitoring point)?
- How do I determine the IP address of a monitoring point (from APM)?
- How do I determine why a monitoring point is not connecting to APM?
- How do I know if a monitoring point supports wireless monitoring?
- How do I set up a wireless interface on a monitoring point?
- How do I add a VLAN interface to a monitoring point?
- How do I add a secondary Usage monitoring port?
- How do I change the DNS settings in a monitoring point?
- How can determine a monitoring point’s hardware specifications?
- How can I migrate monitoring between monitoring points?
- Why are the number of packets I see in a packet capture significantly less than those reported by PathTest?
- Why do capacity numbers differ when running PathTest with TCP and PathTest with UDP?
- Why do the capacity numbers provided by my ISP and those I see in APM differ?
- What is a saved list?
- What is a static list?
- How do I set up a static list?
- What is a smart list?
- How do I set up a smart list?
- What should my alert thresholds be set to?
- How do I set up notifications?
I have configured alerts but am I not receiving alert notifications when I expect. Why not?
Have you turned on notifications? See Notifications.
How do I test my internet connection?
Migrating to new licenses and monitoring points
I received a notice that my licenses are about to expire, why is that?
As the AppNeta service has evolved, new forms of application and network monitoring have been developed to provide the insight needed as customers underwent transformational projects migrating applications to the cloud and adopting SaaS solutions. Performing all of these forms of monitoring concurrently requires more powerful hardware, and additional network interface options to monitor on all of the forms of networks in use within the modern enterprise. Additionally updated licensing has been implemented to unify all of these forms of the monitoring, and these unified licenses are replacing the legacy licenses which are being phased out.
I received my new hardware. What do I do now to migrate my licenses?
To make this transition as straightforward as possible, AppNeta has developed a migration process to move all applications and configuration currently in use on your existing monitoring points to the new monitoring points designed for these latest forms of monitoring. This transition can be performed by any user with an Advanced user role or higher. As always, the AppNeta Support team is more than happy to assist you migrating.
Do I have to add the new licenses to our existing devices, or will they be automatically added? (for m25, m35, and r45)
All new licenses will be added to your account. If you plan to use your existing monitoring points with the new licenses, you will need to contact the AppNeta Support team. If you plan to migrate from legacy monitoring points to new monitoring points, use the migration process to transition to the new unified licenses on new hardware.
Who can I work with at AppNeta to help me migrate?
The AppNeta team is here to help. Please contact your Technical Account Manager or the Customer Care team to assist you in migrating to all new licenses and monitoring points.
Where is the documentation on how to migrate monitoring between monitoring points?
Please see Migrating Monitoring Between EMPs on the AppNeta documentation portal.
Note that only Organization Admins can manage users. If you are not sure whether you are an Organization Admin, see Determine your user role
Can I create a user with view only access?
I have multiple organizations. Can I limit a user’s access so they only see one organization?
Yes. The organizations a user has access to is specified when you create a new user. See Add a user. You can also edit an existing user’s configuration. See Change the organizations a user can access.
What are the precautions AppNeta takes with respect to security of my data?
All security related questions are answered on our Security page.