When you insert a usb stick into the monitoring point that is on and fully booted, it gives you feedback:
- The status LED changes to rapid beat.
- m25 | m35
- The device beeps twice and the status LED changes to rapid beat.
- The monitoring point beeps once.
- r40 and r400
- The LCD displays ‘usb drive detected’.
The monitoring point lets you know when it’s ready:
- m22 | m25 | m35
- The status LED changes to a heartbeat.
- The monitoring point beeps twice.
- r40 | r45 | r400
- The LCD displays ‘complete/remove usb drive’.
No response to usb
If the monitoring point LED pattern doesn’t change when you insert the usb stick:
- Make sure the monitoring point was on and fully booted before you insert the usb stick.
- Try a different, fat32-formatted stick. Unfortunately, not all disk utilities do a great job of formatting at fat32, so we recommend trying a full format with Windows 7 or 8, rather than OSX. Also, not all usb stick chipsets play nice with the monitoring points so, as a sanity check, we recommend trying a second memory stick.
- If a different usb stick didn’t work, power cycle the unit and try again.
- If power cycling didn’t help, attempt a hard reset.
- If the monitoring point remains unresponsive to usb, it’s a candidate for RMA. open a support ticket.