Limited support: Unattended installation of the Native Monitoring Point (NMP) is currently only available for Windows Server 2003 32-bit.
For very large deployments, a script is available that enables unattended installation of the NMP. The installation process does the following:
- installs the NMP software in the Windows Program Files directory
- adds a Windows firewall rule to permit the NMP to accept connections
- starts the NMP (sequencer) service and connects to APM
To initiate the unattended installation:
- Navigate to > Manage Monitoring Points.
- Click Add Monitoring Points.
- Click Windows.
- Download the Windows version of the NMP.
- Extract the files from the downloaded .exe file to a temporary location (for example, use 7-zip).
- Copy the “install.cmd” file to the directory containing the extracted files.
- Execute the “install.cmd” script from the command-line.
- The installation begins.