Setting up an Enterprise Monitoring Point (EMP) involves deciding where to deploy it, configuring your firewall to allow it to communicate back to APM, and configuring it to exist in your network and to communicate with APM.
To set up an EMP:
- Determine the best place in your network to deploy the monitoring point.
- Configure your firewall rules to enable the monitoring point access to APM.
- The monitoring point can still be installed and configured without this step, but monitoring is not possible until it is done.
- Install your monitoring point.
- Select the install procedure for the type of monitoring point you are installing.
|m22, m30, r40, r400||USB||Direct connect|
|m25, m35, r45||USB||—|
|v35 on KVM||Install||—|
|v35 on VMware||Install||—|