You can replace an Enterprise Monitoring Point (EMP) with another of either the same model or a different model. Replacing with the same model is useful, for example, if you need to replace a failed monitoring point. Replacing with a different model is useful, for example, if you need to use a higher performance monitoring point.
In either case, replacing a monitoring point does not affect its historical data or any path names associated with it. Be aware that if the path names were created using the original monitoring point name, they will not automatically change if the new monitoring point has a different name. The path names can be easily changed though.
Replace a monitoring point with the same model
To replace a monitoring point with one of the same model:
- Confirm that the old monitoring point is offline.
- Its status should be “Connection Lost”.
- Set up a new monitoring point.
- When assigning a license during the setup process, select replacing an existing monitoring point.
- Select the offline monitoring point from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- Specify the monitoring point location.
- Click Next.
- The license is assigned to the new monitoring point.
- Change path names if required.
Replace a monitoring point with a different model
To replace a monitoring point with one of a different model: