You can replace a monitoring point with another of the same model. For example, you might want to do this after you RMA a failed monitoring point. Your historical monitoring data will be preserved. However, the path name will remain the same; keep this in mind if the source monitoring point name is part of the path name.
- Verify that the monitoring point you want to replace is still listed on the Manage Monitoring Points page, and its status is connection lost .
- Set up a new monitoring point.
- On the second step, ‘assign licenses’, select the ‘replacing an existing monitoring point’ radio button.
- Select the offline monitoring point from the drop-down.
You can replace a monitoring point with a different model. For example, if you need more horsepower than what your m30 has, you can replace it with an r40.
- Set up the new monitoring point as usual.
- Once it comes up and you’ve licensed it, move your paths.
- If the path names contain monitoring point names, you’ll need to update those path names so they reflect the new source monitoring point.
- Go to the Network Path List page and click ‘Bulk Action’.
- Select your paths, and then from the bulk action drop-down, select ‘Reset Path Name’.