Port 4 on the r90 requires a 10Gbps SFP so that it can be used for network connectivity (connectivity to APM) as well as for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
Cable the 10G network connection interface
To connect the monitoring point to the 10G network:
- Verify that the switch you’ll be using has its default port speed and duplex set to auto-negotiate.
- Using a cable appropriate for the type of SFP installed (e.g., CAT 6), connect port 4 to the switch.
Configure the 10G network connection interface
Port 4 is not configured by default so it must be configured prior to use.
To configure port 4:
- Log in to Web Admin on the monitoring point.
- Navigate to Network Settings > Network Interfaces.
- Click Add Interface and select Ethernet.
- Set Interface Type to Ethernet.
- Set Interface ID to “eth4”.
- Set the remaining fields as appropriate for your environment.
- Click Submit.
- Restart networking.
- Port 4 is ready to use for 10G network connectivity and Delivery and Experience monitoring.
(optional) Configure the 10G interface as the default interface
If you wish to use port 4 as the default interface when connecting to APM, it must be configured as such.
To configure port 4 as the default interface: