Port 4 on the r90 requires an SFP+ module so that it can be used for Delivery and Experience monitoring up to 10Gbps and, optionally, for network connectivity (connectivity to APM). A wide range of 10GBASE PHYs (both optical and electrical) are supported.
Cable the r90 on port 4
To cable the r90 on port 4:
- Verify that the switch you’ll be using has its default port speed and duplex set to auto-negotiate.
- Install the SFP+ module into port 4 of the r90.
- Using a cable appropriate for the type of SFP+ installed (e.g., CAT 6), connect port 4 to the switch.
Configure port 4 for Delivery and Experience monitoring
Port 4 is not configured by default so it must be configured prior to use.
To configure port 4 for Delivery and Experience monitoring:
- Log in to Web Admin on the monitoring point.
- Navigate to Network Settings > Network Interfaces.
- Click Add Interface and select Ethernet.
- Set Interface Type to Ethernet.
- Set Interface ID to “eth4”.
- Set the remaining fields as appropriate for your environment.
- Click Submit.
- Restart networking.
- Port 4 is ready to use for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
(optional) Configure port 4 as the default network connectivity interface
If you wish to use port 4 as the default network connectivity interface when connecting to APM, it must be configured as such. Note that it must first be configured for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
To configure port 4 as the default interface:
- Change the default interface to eth4.
- Port 4 is now configured as the default network connectivity interface.