The eth7 port on the back of the r400 is a 10Gbps fiber-optic port that can be used for Delivery and Experience monitoring and, optionally, for network connectivity (connectivity to APM).
Cable the 10Gbps network connection interface
To connect the Monitoring Point to the 10Gbps network:
- Verify that the switch you’ll be using has its default port speed and duplex set to auto-negotiate.
- Using a Duplex LC multimode fiber-optic cable, connect eth7 on the back of the r400 to the switch.
Configure the 10Gbps Delivery and Experience monitoring interface
eth7 is not configured by default so it must be configured prior to use.
To configure eth7:
- In APM, navigate to > Manage Monitoring Points.
- Click the Monitoring Point you are configuring.
- In the right pane, click Launch Monitoring Point Web Admin.
- Click Network Configuration.
- Click Add New Interface.
- Set Interface Type to Ethernet.
- Set Interface Name to “eth7”.
- For Address Source, select either From DHCP or Static configuration and enter the static network settings.
- Click Create.
- Click Restart Networking.
- eth7 is ready to use for 10Gbps network connectivity and Delivery and Experience monitoring.
(optional) Configure the 10Gbps interface as the default interface
If you wish to use eth7 as the default interface when connecting to APM, it must be configured as such. Note that it must first be configured for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
To configure eth7 as the default interface:
- Change the default interface to eth7.
- eth7 is now configured as the default interface.