Port 2 on the r1000 is a QSFP slot that requires a QSFP module so that it can be used for Delivery and Experience monitoring at 10, 40, or 100Gbps and, optionally, for network connectivity (connectivity to APM). The port comes pre-configured for Delivery and Experience monitoring so no additional configuration is required. It just needs a QSFP module installed and to be cabled.
Install a QSFP module in port 2
Into port 2 on the r1000, install the appropriate module for the link speed that you require. Both electrical and optical modules are supported.
- 10Gbps - install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter (provided). Into the adapter, install an SFP+ module (not provided).
- 40Gbps - install a QSFP+ module (not provided).
- 100Gbps - install a QSFP28 module (not provided).
Cable the r1000 on port 2
After a QSFP module is installed, cable the r1000 on port 2:
- Verify that the switch you’ll be using has its default port speed and duplex set to auto-negotiate.
- Using a cable appropriate for the type of module installed, connect port 2 on the r1000 to the switch.
- Port 2 is ready to use for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
(optional) Configure port 2 as the default network connectivity interface
If you wish to use port 2 as the default network connectivity interface when connecting to APM, it must be configured as such.
To configure port 2 as the default interface:
- Change the default interface to eth2.
- Port 2 is now configured as the default network connectivity interface.