Port 2 on the r1000 is a QSFP slot that requires a QSFP module so that it can be used for Delivery and Experience monitoring up to 10Gbps and, optionally, for network connectivity (connectivity to APM). For 10Gbps operation, install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter (provided). Into the adapter, install an SFP+ module (not provided). A wide range of 10GBASE PHYs (both optical and electrical) are supported. The port comes pre-configured for Delivery and Experience monitoring so no additional configuration is required. It just needs a module inserted and to be cabled.
Cable the r1000 on port 2
To cable the r1000 on port 2:
- Verify that the switch you’ll be using has its default port speed and duplex set to auto-negotiate.
- Install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter then an SFP+ module into port 2.
- Using a cable appropriate for the type of module installed, connect port 2 on the r1000 to the switch.
- Port 2 is ready to use for Delivery and Experience monitoring.
(optional) Configure port 2 as the default network connectivity interface
If you wish to use port 2 as the default network connectivity interface when connecting to APM, it must be configured as such.
To configure port 2 as the default interface:
- Change the default interface to eth2.
- Port 2 is now configured as the default network connectivity interface.