Port 3 on the r1000 is a QSFP slot that requires a QSFP module. It can be used for Usage monitoring up to 10Gbps. For 10Gbps operation, install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter (provided). Into the adapter, install an SFP+ module (not provided). A wide range of 10GBASE PHYs (both optical and electrical) are supported. The port comes pre-configured for Usage monitoring so no additional configuration is required. It just needs a QSFP module installed and to be cabled.
Install a QSFP module in port 3
Into port 3 on the r1000, install the modules for 10Gbps Usage monitoring. Both electrical and optical modules are supported.
- 10Gbps - install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter (provided). Into the adapter, install an SFP+ module (not provided).
Cable the r1000 for Usage monitoring on port 3
To cable the r1000 for Usage monitoring on port 3:
- Configure port mirroring on your switch so that the source mirror port is the one you want to monitor and the destination mirror port is the one you will connect to the r1000.
- Install a QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter then an SFP+ module into port 3.
- Using a cable appropriate for the type of module installed, connect port 3 on the r1000 to the destination mirror port on the switch.
- Port 3 is ready to use for Usage monitoring.