This content is obsolete. See Migrating monitoring between Monitoring Points to move network paths between devices.
APM provides the ability to move paths and network devices from one Enterprise Monitoring Point (EMP) to another while preserving monitoring history.
- You can only move paths between Monitoring Points in the same organization. A child organization is considered different than its siblings and its parent.
- You cannot move paths from a Monitoring Point that has web paths to a Native Monitoring Point (NMP) as the NMPs do not support Experience monitoring.
To move paths from one Monitoring Point to another:
- Navigate to > Manage Monitoring Points.
- For the Monitoring Point you want to move the paths from, select > Move Paths and Devices.
- Select the Monitoring Point to move the paths to.
- Click Submit.
- All paths and associated monitoring history are moved from one Monitoring Point to the other.
- If path names use the default naming convention (<SourceName> <-> <TargetName>), reset the path names to reflect the new Monitoring Point name.