You may move a monitoring point from one organization to another, including a child org, but its paths may not follow. If the monitoring point being moved is the source monitoring point for any paths, those paths must be transferred to another monitoring point in the same organization, else they will be purged. The following procedure includes this step.
When you transfer a path to another monitoring point, its monitoring history is preserved. When you move a monitoring point, its network config is preserved so it should appear in the new org within a few minutes.
- Verify that you can log in to web admin:
- Navigate to > Manage Monitoring Points, and click ‘Launch Monitoring Point Web Admin…’
- If you can’t reach web admin via the Manage Monitoring Points page, try accessing the monitoring point via its local IP address.
- Log in using the username ‘root’ or ‘admin’ and the password that was selected during monitoring point setup. [Forgot your web admin password?]</a>
- If you are unable log in to web admin, do not proceed.
- (Optional) If the monitoring point being moved is the source monitoring point for any paths, those paths must be transferred to another monitoring point in the same organization, else they will be purged. If desired, move paths to another monitoring point, and then proceed to the next step.
- Obtain the nis.config file for the organization to which you want to move the monitoring point:
- Select the organization to which you intend to move the monitoring point.
- Navigate to > Manage Monitoring Points > +Add Monitoring Points > Physical Monitoring Point > and click ‘Download File’.
- Navigate to Web Admin > Appliance Settings > Connect to AppNeta and upload the nis.config file.
- Delete the monitoring point from the original organization if desired.