In order to monitor a web application you need to create a web app group with at least one web path. The web path is a unique combination of monitoring point, web application (target), and workflow (which contains a script that interacts with the web application).
The following prerequisites are required to create a web app group:
- You need access to either a Global Monitoring Point or an Enterprise Monitoring Point.
- If you haven’t already done so, you need to specify the location of your Enterprise Monitoring Points.
- You need to use supported authentication methods.
Create a web app group
Once your monitoring points are deployed you can create web app groups that use them.
Once a web app group is created, the associated monitoring point(s) will start executing the workflow script(s) against the web app target(s) and sending results back to APM for review.
Possible next steps include:
- To learn how to create scripts that do more than simply open the target web app, see Introduction to Scripting.
- To set up alerting on a web path, see Experience Alerts.
- To set up notifications so that you can receive alerts via email, see Email notifications.
- To locate the web paths you are interested in, see Managing Web Paths.
- To monitor web path status, see Web Path Status.
- To view web path performance details, see Web Path Details.