Recent doc updates
Here are the documentation updates from the last 30 days:
August 26, 2015
- TV: Release notes are up for the latest .net release which came out on the 24th.
- TV: Release notes are up for the latest java release.
- TV: Updated stale entries on the platforms and components page.
- CS: Release notes are up for the forthcoming appliance update.
August 25, 2015
- TV: Release notes are up for the latest ruby release which came out on the 20th.
- TV: The java play 2.3 instrumentation installation instructions have changed.
- TV: Replaced the images on the .net customization page to be .net-specific.
- PV: The path template groups page has moved to path setup, as it's simply a way to set up paths in bulk.
- CS: Software re-installation is often called re-flashing.
August 21, 2015
- FV: A new FlowView onboarding is up. It contains everything you need to know to get FlowView and all its features up and running.
- FV: 'flowview setup' has been moved to FlowView.
- FV: 'application and network latency' has been moved to Flow analysis.
- CS: The alerts page has been removed. You can find information on PathView, AppView, FlowView, and TraceView alerting in their respective sections.
- DOCS: The link to the home page has been removed from the navigation panel. Click on the AppNeta logo to go to the home page.
August 20, 2015
- TV: TraceView release notes from August 12th are up.
August 19, 2015
- PV: The sqaEvents example for observer url notifcations was incorrect.
- PV: Added some clearer language and examples to time ranges.
- CS: CS-1750, CS-1933, and CS-3066 were added to the release notes for the latest application upgrade.
- PV: Sometimes voice handsets make bad targets.
August 18, 2015
- CS: If you've lost your account credentials, contact your account administrator. If you don't know who that is, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TV: The alerts page offers more guidance through step-wise instructions and screenshots.
- TV: cPython is the only supported Python implementation.
- TV: Updated the 'custom layer name' java agent config option which didn't list the corresponding command line option.
- TV: 'sample rate' and 'enable url matching sample rate control' java agent config options should only be used by customers with legacy per-trace subscriptions. All other subscriptions have been upgraded to smart tracing.
- TV: Updated the example for embedding rum js in EJS templates which was using old syntax.
- TV: The 'tracing celery tasks' article was outdated. The best coverage of this topic can be found on our blog.
- TV: node.js 2.2.0 release notes are up.
- PCA: A new PCA release is available.
August 14, 2015
- CS: /release is now organized by release date.
- CS: Release notes for the upcoming release are up.
- CS: Users were unclear about how the frequency setting of a scheduled report affected the time range included in that report. The scheduled reports section has been updated.
- PV: The path setup wizard article is no longer a standalone article.
August 11, 2015
- TV: Overhauled the manual and managed installation instructions.
- TV: Updated the php partition example which was using old syntax.
August 10, 2015
- TV: Ruby instrumentation release 3.1.0.
- TV: Apache Solr was missing from the supported java components list. Versions 1.3.0 - 4.10.3 are supported.
- TV: Removed an extraneous argument from the grails instrumentation installation instructions.
- TV: liboboe release notes will be available on this site from now on.
- FV: Data retention and roll up strategy now includes FlowView limits.
- PV: There are two timezone settings, one in your user profile and one for the appliance. Both are important. By default, all time series charts are displayed according to user timezone, while alert time ranges and path performance charts depend on the appliance time zone. Appliance timezone is not automatically changed when you change its location. You can update it to match from web admin.
August 6, 2015
- PV: Everything you ever wanted to know about how capacity is calculated.
- PV: Removed 'network analysis concepts' page. You can access the individual concept articles under 'path analysis' in the left-side panel.
- TV: Combined ruby url and sql sanitzation options in 'suppress reporting for sensitive data'.
- CS: Added pvc-cap1.pathviewcloud.com to plan your network settings.
- PCA: Added FlowView plus retention to 'public versus private cloud service'.
August 5, 2015
- PV: All diagnostic messages are listed on the diagnostic messages page, including instructions on how to obtain the message id.